365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 1 October 2023

Sunday 1st October 2023


And so it begins, the first of 365 photo posts I plan to launch onto the unexpecting public this year as I scurry towards being officially, in medical terms at least, geriatric. 

I can easily recall my mood before that very first posting a decade ago. I was awake in the middle of the night and while unable to get back to sleep the idea popped into my mind to document my 50th year. Ten years later having slept well overnight I rose at around 7am and ventured outside. It is an exceptionally mild day with the temperature here at 18oC at 7.30am. As I sat with my mug of tea pondering what image to begin the year with, the notion of the garden sprung into mind. So here it is, a snapshot of Julie's hard work. In a few weeks the garden will become dormant for winter, as the world changes I wonder what this year will bring to me to record.

I find it interesting documenting my life on a daily basis and that is the reason for the blog, it is simply a record. I also keep a paper diary which I love writing. Maybe it is not having children that drives me to record an unexceptional life, I have no one to pass this onto, but maybe in the world of the internet my ramblings will remain suspended in time within a cloud storage unit somewhere. 

Many things have changed since my last posting on September 30th 2019.  My mother died last year, my father is well but now housebound and as the Covid-19 pandemic hit the UK we inherited a cat called Gingernut. That wasn't always his name, previously he was Lester. He'd been missing from his owner for five years before he began living in our garden. We took him in and as they say the rest is history. I'm sure he will feature a few times this year, he's a little rascal.

No comments:

Post a Comment