365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 17 October 2023

Tuesday 17th October 2023

 



Holidays are categorised as a time to relax, a time to unwind and maybe a time to catch up with some long overdue reading. Well that may be the case but I'm struggling to find time to finish Northanger Abbey. Julie purchased this for me in April after I'd mentioned it was a Jane Austen novel I'd never read. I began reading it recently and brought it on holiday, regularly finding time to settle down in one of the public areas of the hotel and set too to immerse myself in Regency Bath. Yet each time I unleash my reading I find I only get a few pages in before something happens to curtail my enjoyment. This morning we wandered to the beach hut and while Julie sat watching the waves I began turning the pages only to be stopped in my tracks by my also bring distracted by watching the waves and then we went to the RSPB reserve at Arne for the afternoon. Which therefore brings me to 7.30pm tonight. Outside storm Babet is girding her loins, the wind is strong, the real fires are lit in the hotel, I have a cooling cider, I have my book to entertain, the night is before me. I wonder how many, or few, pages I shall turn before a momentary distraction occurs?

No comments:

Post a Comment