365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Wednesday 4th October 2023


I think table 21 at Woodborough Garden Centre near Southwell in Nottinghamshire needs its image preserving. It was just after twelve noon that I arrived here. And I liked the artistically arranged luncheon detritus on the table. Of course these items had not been artistically arranged at all, but that is their beauty, unconsciously there. I've been using this garden centre as a stopover on my way up and down to Tyneside for a few years. Until a year or so it was known as Timmermans, but having been taken over by British Garden Centres it took on the name of the nearby village. I stop here as my route north now avoids motorways as much as possible, it takes an hour longer but it is infinitely more enjoyable, and as Woodborough is 167 miles from Somerset and 174 miles to East Boldon it is perfectly balanced half way. They do a lovely cheese burger too for £10.45.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment