365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 29 October 2023

Sunday 29th October 2023


 The clocks went back at 2am. It's my least favourite day as for the next four months until early March it'll be dark at 5pm. Then on the 31st March the clocks go forward and it'll be light, or at least dusk until 8pm. I don't mind the dark, in fact I try and embrace it, bit I do prefer the longer nights.

Autumn though is the start of the gardening year, hope forever rears its head in the garden. It's been a super day,  we've spent a few hours in the garden. Julie has planted some wall flowers, we both cleaned the greenhouse glass, and I planted some paperwhite narcissus for Christmas. I bought these yesterday at Whiting's in Wells but forgot to make a note of the varieties - each bulb was 80p, I bought 5, one each of a different variety and one additional bulb of one of those. But I've forgotten what they are. Not a major issue but I'd like to know when they flower. At the same time yesterday Julie bought some overwintering broad bean seeds for 95p from the same place. Not long now before their shoots poke through the soil and the promise of broad beans to eat is upon us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment