365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 26 October 2023

Thursday 26th October 2023

 


I've captured almost the same view in previous years on this blog. The difference being today that the building across the car park is now closed permanently. It's a time capsule, ostensibly looking the same outwardly but every utility, even the heating, is disconnected. Since May 2022 this 'phase 2' building as it's called has been empty, following the BBC's Natural History Unit and Features TV departments move down to the centre of Bristol at Bridgewater House. One day, though there are no firm plans, we will move off this site that the BBC has occupied since the 1930's if my memory serves me correctly. The BBC on Whiteladies Road will be no more. With my previous images I was looking out of Room 19, today I've captured the beautiful autumn sun from Room 18, my current office next door. The sun always rises, and that's the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment