365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 16 October 2023

Monday 16th October 2023


This is a first for me, I'm writing my entry inside a beach hut at Studland. Beach hut 128 to be precise owned by Julie's friend's Pauline and Adrian. To be more accurate the land the hut is on belongs to the National Trust and if Pauline ever wanted to let it go, it would return to the National Trust. I've included two images as I'm sitting at the table listening to the sea roaring in, it's literally fifty meters away. There's a stiff breeze, it's not that warm but it's glorious and plenty of walkers passing by on the South West Coast Path. I wanted to record the scene but to do so means that the well known landmark Old Harrys Rock's is not visible. A second image is then needed looking out of the door at these chalk stacks which continue under the sea to the Isle of Wight in the distance.

Coming to someone's beach hut is fascinating, as we opened the doors a whole human existence opened up. None of that activity had anything to do with us yet within minutes it became familiar. A collection of stones, various beach activity equipment, a teapot, gas stove, sunscreen all slightly faded and battered with cobwebs in a few places and sand on the floor. Very inspiring to a creative mind. I've taken some black and white images, maybe I should include a couple on this post. I will. It is a moment in time record. The coastline here is rapidly eroding. We've learnt that there used to be a row of huts in front of these but they've succumbed to the sea. One day hut 128 will succumb too. Before then I'll just enjoy the sea crashing on my adoptive doorstep.



No comments:

Post a Comment