365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 5 October 2023

Thursday 5th October 2023

 


The blue shed in this image is the Coffee Hub at the Cat and Dogs steps, Roker in Sunderland.  My parents used to love coming here, good conversation, good light snacks and drinks, and on a sunny day the heat off the cliff was something else. It's been a few years now since mum and dad visited here, so today I had a walk along after completing a few tasks. Sadly I believe the cafe is only open at weekends in the winter months but having bought a Bovril at a nearby alternative cafe I sat just reminiscing about the good days when they were both game for any trip out. I miss my mum, not in a melancholy way, but simply when I go somewhere she loved I wish she could still visit herself. But time passes. I sat for a good half hour watching the seabirds and swallows zig zagging over the sea. There's nothing like being beside the seaside. Nice Bovril too.

No comments:

Post a Comment