365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 21 October 2023

Saturday 21st October 2023

 


Before I went on holiday I'd planted some Durham Early cabbages in the raised bed, grown from seed. And in the six days we'd been away they've grown, quite astonishing really given Storm Babet has passed over. That though is the joy of this time of year, the sun is still strong, the soil in the raised beds is warm and there's a lot of rain. Raised beds are a great way to grow vegetables but they do dry out rapidly here in the summer. But I'm giving it a go to grow winter greens through the winter. That is if the neighbours cat Treacle lets them thrive. She is a lovely cat but never leaves our garden and uses the raised beds as, shall we say, a 'rest' area. I now have a cunning plan. Mesh hoop tunnels. That'll keep her off. At least I hope so!




No comments:

Post a Comment