365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 23 October 2023

Monday 23rd October 2023


All very jolly this morning. I had company on my way into work in the form of Julie, who had a 10am appointment with the heart centre at the Nuffield Hospital in Clifton. Very nice having company on my thirty minute drive up the M5 and, with the schools being on half-term, traffic was light. I dropped Julie off near the hospital and went into work. Around an hour later she contacted me and we had a surreptitious coffee at the Waylands cafĂ© next to my BBC office, actually we had two hot chocolates - £7.00. It was nice having this impromptu catch up and chat, sitting outside, as it felt more like early spring than late October. Julie's heart monitor is tiny, about the size and shape of a small matchbox. No leads, just a couple of terminals and she wears it for a week then posts it back to a data centre in York in a pre-paid envelope with results back in 72 hours. All very efficient, but as this is private treatment, not cheap.  If we'd gone through the NHS it was a longish wait for the monitor to be fitted and six weeks for the results after that. Hot chocolate over we parted our ways, Julie went for a wander around Clifton (walked 6.1 miles around town) and I popped back to work. Just an everyday story of media folk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment