365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 29 December 2018

Saturday December 29th 2018


The Red Lion in West Boldon. Well like No2 buses, after saying a few days ago it was fabulous to get all four of us out for a slice of fresh air, today, before heading back south, we did it again. I even managed to get myself into the photograph this time. The Red Lion was one of my haunts as a teenager. There are half a dozen pubs in the two villages but this one and the Grey Horse in East Boldon have long been the 'posh' one. After breakfast, discussions inevitable ranged around, when are you leaving, what do you want for lunch before you go. A quick decision then, we're going out, to the Red Lion. It took longer to get mum into the car then to drive there. Not least as it's often impossible to park outside my parents house, so today this meant mum had to walk with her walker to where I'd parked around the corner. Good job it was a lovely sunny day then. But we sat in the wonderfully bright conservatory and consumed food as if the rationing of fresh comestibles was about to begin. Mum, the roast of the day served in a huge Yorkshire Pudding, Dad, a chicken with black pudding mash ensemble. Julie hoovered up the salmon and I went for the whale, impersonating fish and chips. Never seen such a big fish. I took this photograph at around 12.30 and 9 hours later I sat on my sofa in Somerset, 314 miles away. A long way, but it's amazing what you can do in one day, especially after a hearty lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment