365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 14 December 2018

Friday December 14th 2018


In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind may blow... Christmas card deliveries. This year there seem to be less Christmas cards being sent than in previous years. Partly this is new technology, email and Whatsapp cards are gaining popularity. Partly cost, with even a second class stamp now costing 56p, send 30 cards, that's £16.80....about the same cost as the cards themselves. And increasingly I feel it could be environmental concerns over the waste we produce at Christmas. The latter is something I'm thinking about for next year. I'm not sure yet as it's lovely to give and receive cards, especially from people who I've not seen all year. Or neighbours. So on this cold mid-winters night Julie and I popped around the local area delivering a few cards. I remember delivering cards like this for my parents in the village, my satchel burgeoning with festive greetings. I always worried I'd be caught at the door and have to deliver the card in person. Which is odd indeed given I knew everyone. Maybe it was the skulking about in the dark which made my visitations seem odd. Tonight however, fewer cards to deliver and it was far too cold to linger and look at the lights with Mrs D (nee Satchell). See what I did there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment