365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 27 December 2018

Thursday December 27th 2018



Mum, Dad and Julie at the Homer Hill Farm Shop. nothing remarkable about that except it's the first time mum has been out for a day out in years. It was great to all go out and not talk about hospitals, carers and so on. Just out for a meal and a nice day out.  My parents found this place near Durham City years ago, a short 20 minute drive from their house. However it's been five years since they last visited as on that day when home mum took ill and has been suspicious of visiting again, just incase it happened again.  Today however the belly pork was wonderful so I'm told. Julie had the fish cakes and can't remember what I had. Maybe it's me that needs medical assistance.  Lunch over, a quick visit to Seaburn, and a short walk along the promenade. It was as busy as in this postcard from the 1950's too. Dad wondered if there was an event on, no it's just people desperate for fresh air after being cooped up indoors for Christmas. I just wish I could be closer to mum so I could take her for short walks along the beach regularly. She loves the sea. Tempest fugit.





No comments:

Post a Comment