365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 13 December 2018

Thursday December 13th 2018


I have been passing this scene for a few nights now. Fountain Forestry have sold Christmas Trees from this corner of Clifton for as long as I can remember. Even in mid summer, a careful look amongst the cobbles can reveal pine needles, remnants of the Festive Season the year before. It's quite hard to capture the atmosphere quickly. Given each photo takes about 2 seconds on a manual setting, ideally should set the camera up on a tripod and set the scene in a perfect way. But I also like just grabbing the scene without too much faffing about. I wanted to capture the old fashioned lights, the trees, the bicycles and the atmosphere. Thus as the camera can shoot in sepia I like the soft tones of a modern age. And sometimes, it all goes awry, yet in a way it improves the experience immeasurably for me, as in the image below. I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment