365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Tuesday December 4th 2018


It's funny coming to editing something which I recorded nearly a week before. Firstly there's that worry, did it actually record well? As there's no going back. Phew it did. Then there is the listening back and thinking "I can't remember that being said - that's so interesting" The role of multitasking, we concentrate on one thing and forget the rest. 

The image above is the download process into the SADiE editing package. As I sat waiting for the files to upload it struck me one day this will all be forgotten about; in the same was as in the past there was a time when I never knew how to edit sound. Remarkable really how what becomes routine and everyday soon passes and either a new skill is learnt, or we just abandon a skill altogether and do something else. That said, all was recorded well, all was uploaded well but after the first pass - the rough edit - I have 1 hour and 20 minutes of material. I need to cut this down to 24 minutes. Yoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment