365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Wednesday December 5th 2018


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Well almost. I did receive my first Christmas wish today from Trudie Goodwin (aka June Akland from the Bill on TV) who was recording a Tweet of the Day for me. That went well. So in the developing Christmas spirit, tonight I painted our Christmas tree. Not a phrase you hear commonly, as paint is often not needed with a fir tree. Ahh yes, but our tree is a twig. A big twig but a twig now resplendent in white paint. As a child my father, being a commercial artist,  would head off into the fields and return with a twig. Paint it white and festoon it with festive trinkets. We also had a Christmas tree, but I always liked these artistic creations. I've done twig-gate a few times myself, and this year the mood took me to venture off into the wilderness and cut myself a Christmas twig. In reality this meant chopping down a willow in the lane behind the house. Thus after a supper Julie and I set too, brush in hand. And there it is, in all its nakedness. Once dried, we shall go wild with the decorations. This years theme... gnomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment