365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 17 December 2018

Monday December 17th 2018


I distrust technology. I love tradition. Both of these go together in the way I view life. Some technology I admit is wonderful. I'd not be able to write this blog without someone somewhere inventing the internet, and designing a blogging site. But as I watched a lady paying for something using her phone app, my immediate response was really? Yes we're told its fully secure, but really? We all make choices in life and one of my choices is never to use an on-line calendar. This reflects that until recently I used to be able to remember everything of importance in the best computer any of us will ever own, my brain. Tempest Fugit now ravishes my little grey cells and last year I bought a hard back paper diary, for 2018. That was a disaster as we forgot to go on holiday, forgot to fill it in and well let me just park the car crash that 2018 became in the trash can it deserves. Dreadful year in many ways. 

So, anyway, tonight I unleashed the new week-to-view 2019 diary. This will now remain somewhere prominent for both of us to fill with exotic outings, events and generally stuff to do. Until we lose it. We will refer to it frequently to ensure we don't miss out on important events, unlike this year when we didn't and therefore did. There is no point putting this in my smartphone as that is switched off most of the time. Paper is the only way, paper is the future. No need to recharge the battery. That is yet another one of the bugbears in my life, forever charging batteries. I chatted to my cousin tonight (on something called the telephone) because she was worried I'd succumbed to a grizzly end as I'm no longer her friend on Facebook. As we chatted I 'liked' her once more on Facebook. "I'll get to that later" she said, "my phone has no battery power, so I need to recharge it". So there you go, even if I had been attacked by a fierce gnome wielding a bunch of bilberries and become another grizzly end statistic,  if I'd written it on Facebook, it would still not be seen. 

Whereas now resplendent in my new diary, on March 2nd 2019 I shall spend the day learning how to play the Northumbrian pipes. Which itself was rescheduled from this March after a last minute cancellation as the Beast from the East barrelled through Somerset. About the only thing I did remember from my 2018 diary, and even that never happened!. 


No comments:

Post a Comment