365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 8 December 2018

Saturday December 8th 2018


Part one of a full weekend at Tyntesfield today. At the morning briefing we were informed of the new ticketing procedure now that the on-line system was deemed to not be robust enough to continue with over the Christmas period. It was now first come first served ticketing to visit the house, like it is every other day. However a scan of social media  would make you think the World had come to an end - can't pre book tickets, this is scandalous, I'm cancelling my membership.  First world problems indeed.

Anyway after the briefing I was asked if I'd 'go outside' - hopefully not in a repeat of Captain Lawrence Oates who with the immortal lines uttered, “I am just going outside and may be some time”. In the end the queues were mostly light hearted and could see the problems the estate was facing. I was outside for over 4 hours. Anything to do with working with the public is both a real pleasure, most of the time, and occasionally a savage exposing towards the dark side. In the end there were some tickets left by the 2pm deadline for last entry to the house and I made my excuses. On the way home I took this image. These yews look lovely driving up and down the drive, indeed more lovely than my image. Quite difficult to capture the scene. But a record nonetheless of Christmas at Tyntesfield 2018.  

No comments:

Post a Comment