365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 7 February 2024

Wednesday 7th February 2024

 


An unexpected treat today. I found myself in Exeter where I'd taken my Celerio for it's annual service. From Tracks, the garage, it is a pleasant 25 minute walk along the canal to the quay quarter of Exeter, which last year Julie and I explored. Today I bypassed the quay, and the very full foaming river and in 15 minutes I stood outside the Cathedral. £6 to get in made me think, though in the end as I'd got this far, what's money, so in I went. It was while grabbing a hot chocolate from the vending van in the nave, seen in the distance, that I noticed Mars spinning in the air. I had no idea this bit of artwork by Luke Jerram was on this month. It was stunning, more so as the unique sound installation featuring sounds heard on the red planet, was accompanied by hammers and saws from the choir where a new floor is being laid. I have to say that's impressive, installing an audio-visual artwork while building work continues. That said I loved my visit. Car collected at 3pm, home just after 4, then at 7.30 the Richard Jefferies Society Exec Council Zoom meeting which ended after 9pm. Busy busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment