365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 25 February 2024

Sunday 25th February 2024

 


I had a helper in the greenhouse this afternoon. It's another miserable wet day and we'd just come back from a trip to the tip at Backwell, and a rather nice Sunday lunch at the Pottager cafe at Cleeve Nursery. By the time we got home heavy rain had set in, but I wanted to plant some sweet peas. I'd collected the seed from the garden on a very hot day on the 9th August 2022, and hope they're still viable. Working away in the greenhouse Treacle the neighbours cat came in out from the rain for a bit of a play. She is lovely but very inquisitive and playful. Everywhere I wanted to be she came to investigate, things were knocked over but eventually I got the seeds out of their dessicated pods and into two plantpots. This is late for me as I usually plant sweet pea in October, but they'll catch-up and with luck flower in May or June.


No comments:

Post a Comment