365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 20 February 2024

Tuesday 20th February 2024

The home page of the South Tyneside pension service. I have a very small deferred pension stored here after my few years working in the Library service. In those days I had a superannuation benefit, in basic terms I didn't contribute to my retirement fund. And as a 22 year old in 1986 that seemed an awful long way off, too far off to give it serious thought. I left after three years and decided over the years to just leave it there accruing value. And so it has, not a huge amount, but a small amount each month. What struck me though was the process of looking at my retirement figures. Everyone goes through this, one minute you're at school with a whole life ahead, the next you're planning to retire, while all the time in my mind I'm still that young man of 22 years of age. A sobering thought indeed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment