365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 23 February 2024

Friday 23rd February 2024

Sometimes I need to do something for me. I'd had a depressing phone conversation with a friend about an ex-colleague who is in hospital. I've been talking to another hospital about my father. Those conversations build up, so to distract myself I'm reading the biography of nature writer, poet and broadcaster John Moore. In the spring I hope I can head up to Tewkesbury to see his grave in the Abbey, whilst visiting some locations associated with his books. I've been in touch with members of the John Moore Society so hope to visit areas not that obvious. I'm a late convert to Moore having only discovered him about ten years ago. Long before then I read the books of Fred Archer who wrote about the same area of Worcestershire as Moore, around Bredon Hill. I like that part of the world quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment