365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 28 February 2024

Wednesday 28th February 2024

Animals are much cleverer than humans, or at least more intuitive. Gingernut knows Julie hasn't been well. All day yesterday he stayed with her while she was in bed. Normally he's in and out of the house, but yesterday wasn't more than a few feet from her. It was a great comfort. By this morning Julie was feeling better and I woke with him snuggled up at my feet, he looked up when I woke but had no intention of moving off the bed, he just unfurled a little and went to sleep. Later in the day I came home from a quick dash for some food at lunchtime. As I stopped the car he appeared at the end of the road and almost ran up the pavement to meet me, meaowing all the way. It's almost like he's saying I know everything's not quite right but I'm here, I'm not going far. They say cats can detect illness, even cancer, dogs too. There's a lot we could learn from them I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment