365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 3 February 2024

Saturday 3rd February 2024

 


Somehow today I ended up at East Lambrook Manor and spent £69 on three snowdrops. We'd set off to buy cat food, for me to have a breakfast while Julie met a new client at Mark then come home and watch the rugby. Cat food bought I was just finishing my breakfast at Rich's Cider Barn when Julie returned to collect me. The suggestion then was to pop to the Hub at Shapwick as she fancied a toastie there. It was while there I happened to mention when will be able to pop down and see the snowdrops at East Lambrook. From the Hub it is just 30 minutes away. Decision made we were there in no time and having visited last year I had a 'hit list' of two snowdrops I'd like to buy. Galanthus Elwesii 'Fly Fishing', and Galanthus 'Philippe André Meyer'. Sadly the former was out of stock, but I got the last of the latter, though at £35 for one bulb!! I also succumbed to G. Elwesii 'sickle' £11, and G Plicatus 'Madeleine' £23.00 Aside from these three, I also have three other snowdrop varieties in the garden bought last year. Have I become obsessed, a Galanthophile in fact?

No comments:

Post a Comment