365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 31 January 2024

Wednesday 31st January 2024

This is what happens when I go for a walk at lunchtime. Often it's just a quick snack and back to work, today though, with the weather being nice, I decided to stretch the legs. My route passed the Oxfam bookshop on Cotham Hill and the book Rival Queens was in the window display. Julie's on a course at the moment which covers the history of just before Queen Mary, so I thought she'd like to read this. The trouble was going in to pay, I then saw two more books, Sassoon's Memoirs of an Infantry Officer, and a 1939 journey along the old A4 from London And So To Bath. I returned to the office £8.98 lighter and three books heavier. Julie loved her book and began reading it immediately. As for the hot chocolate, that was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment