365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Tuesday 2nd January 2024

What a day of weather contrasts. First thing I took Clio to Justin's garage as it is having it's turbo replaced, that turbo has done a lot of work over it's 182,000 miles. After a chat with him and Mike I walked back in a deluge, a very mild deluge, but talk about wet there was a river running down the lane and all the fields are absolutely sodden. The wet and windy weather of December is still with us (though about to change by the end of the week we are reliably informed).


I resembled a drowned rat when I got home but it was nice to be out in the elements, a lot of birdsong too, presumably as it's so mild they think it's spring. However by 2pm the eighth Storm of the winter Storm Henk had hit the humble abode and the wind had really picked up, very gusty. Julie was on the train to Taunton but many of the services had been cancelled so there was a point where I'd even considered driving down to rescue her. But she is on a train, by the time I got to Worle where I'm writing this, sitting in the car waiting area, the sun was out and the wind was dropping. And right on que there she is walking towards the car. Home safe at last at 15.44.

No comments:

Post a Comment