365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 26 January 2024

Thursday 25th January 2024

It is unbelievable this image above, taken from a VHS home movie, was from October 1995. I remember the occasion well. My friend Andrew and his first wife came to stay with me for a weekend. I'd only been living in my flat in East Brent for about six months. The boy next to me is my godson Daniel, whose own son is now not far off the same age. I'd forgotten about this video for years, but unearthed it tonight while rummaging through some DVD's. I remember them staying, what we did, and it brought back some lovely memories. I'm just shocked at the passage of time, and also how much I'd forgotten about my flat. It was lovely seeing it again, very uncluttered, a small television, but a microwave I still use. It was a good time those three years I lived at East Brent, in many ways I should have stayed down there. Interesting too how rural it all is, fields at Brean where there's now caravans, fields at East Brent where there's now industrial units. A lot has changed in those 29 years, I'm still as daft though.  That will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment