365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 8 January 2024

Monday 8th January 2024

This image is here to remind me of my evening. It was a Zoom meeting of the Richard Jefferies Society. The topic was his novel-semi-autobiographical book Amaryllis At The Fair. During the course of the hour and a half we discussed the book, how the characters are based on real people Jefferies knew and that it could have been either the first book in a series, or a last will and testament book given the ambiguous ending. I didn't let on I'd not fully read the book before the meeting, having only skimmed through the Guttenberg version on-line. A couple of passages were read out to illustrate points, however the beginning of Chapter 9 featured in everyone's view, and we loved the thought of barefoot walking in a dewy meadow. I must read the book properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment