365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 4 January 2024

Thursday 4th January 2024


 What an intriguing read from an author I'd not come across before. My friend Rob loaned me this book when we met up on New Year's Day. I'm half way through the book now and I'm finding it a real page turner, if slightly bonkers. Jasper Fforde somehow makes the absurd a riveting whodunnit cum crime thriller cum comedy read. The simple premise is the Nursery Crime Division based in Reading investigate the suspicious death of Humpty Dumpty who, fell off a wall. Jack Spratt the investigating officer is hot on the trail with his sergeant Mary Mary. Ludicrous yes, but this is so well written it makes complete sense. As a lover of Monty Python, Spike Milligan, Michael Bentine etcetera this book is right up there in the believable unbelievable canon of surrealist comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment