365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 28 January 2024

Sunday 28th January 2024

Even though I'd visited the Shapwick Heath reserve yesterday, after our errand in Worlebury, I'd not mentioned it here. I did though write up that visit on my wildlife blog.  Today was different, I planned to come to Catcott and therefore had my binoculars with me (read the other blog to understand where that's coming from). I arrived at Catcott and the car park was full. The hide was even fuller, though I managed to obtain the last space. Everyone inside had gargantuan scopes and lenses yet they failed to notice the ring-tail hen harrier when it floated by, I'd seen it through my binoculars, and called it out. That was nice, if unexpected, as the hen harrier has been here for a few days. A couple of confiding snipe in front of the hide added a little more interest, but the main inhabitants were wigeon, lapwing, teal and shoveler. The light was glorious too. It was nice to be out birdwatching today, no need for a coat either.

No comments:

Post a Comment