365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 30 January 2024

Tuesday 30th January 2024

 


It's not what happened today, simply a mood I felt today. It happens every year of course but suddenly the days are lengthening, strictly the amount of daylight is lengthening. I'd been head down this afternoon working from home and while I'd noticed light levels slowly reducing during the afternoon it was only when I stopped at 5.10pm that I realised it was quite light, after 5pm. Just a month earlier up in Northumberland I recall talking to Julie about a feint blueness to the night sky at. 4.45pm. here we are nearly half an hour later in the day and it's light enough to see. February tomorrow and a month that day length will increase by three or four minutes a day. We take it for granted but in reality this is the Sun and Earth in their annual dance, driven by energy and forces we really don't fully understand deep within the blackness of the Universe. Celebration of the lengthening days indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment