365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 13 November 2023

Monday 13th November 2023

 


Something is happening to the world and I'm not sure I like it. Today Storm Debi barrelled into the UK, the fourth named storm of the autumn. Actually they're just normal autumnal wind and rain periods but everything needs a name now so we can all panic. No what animated me is this news item from the BBC's on-line site. North Yorkshire gets an amber storm warning. I read the text. This warning stretched from Liverpool to Whitehaven and inland to just west of Leeds. Now when I studied geography this was the Yorkshire Dales, Merseyside and Cumbria, in other words the North West. North Yorkshire is actually only under a yellow warning for wind from their graphic. 

Really? I know anyone can make an error but most days I now notice problems and errors with on-line news items, and not just the BBC's website. No one seems able to check copy before it's published these days. Which makes me think, who, or what, do we believe anymore? If anyone or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment