365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 5 November 2013

November 5th 2013


What a difference a day makes. The image at the bottom of this posting was taken at 7am yesterday and as I mentioned in that blog, that sunrise was meant to be yesterdays posting image. I was thinking about that wonderful sunrise this morning as I drove in. The other two images were taken at 7.30am today, and the weather could not be more different. The top one is the torrential rain as I sat in my car having just parked up preparing myself to walk the 15 minutes into work, the one below is the 'gargoyle' on Clifton Cathedral, which always provides a visual record of heavy rain. To be honest I love heavy rain, always have done always will do. Something of the frailty of the human body and the power nature has to offer us, power we're incapable of taming, and I like that. That said I'd rather be out walking in the torrential rain in some windswept piece of countryside than driving the 20 miles into work in the semi-darkness. British weather is unpredictable and that's why it's always a joy to me to experience whatever the weather.


Yesterdays sunrise at 7am

 

No comments:

Post a Comment