365-2-50

365-2-50

Thursday 14 November 2013

November 14th 2013


A phonecall I made outside in bright winter sunshine prompted today's posting. At this time of year the contrast between light and dark can be remarkable. The scientific reasons for this are too complicated for today's posting to explore, but in simple terms it is partly as the angle of the suns rays are dropping closer to the horizon and so the intensity is enhanced and partly as the air has less ultraviolet light than in the summer there is less diffusion. All I know is that as I talked the silhouette I made on this wall intrigued me. The shadowy object in the middle is actually an outdoor lamp. However as I chatted on the phone it reminded me of an old fashioned microphone, which I was speaking into. The image in front of me reflected my own conversation on a mobile phone. Happen-chance is a wonderful thing. Add to that standing against that wall I could feel some heat in the sunlight it made for a perfect lunchtime interlude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment