365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 20 November 2013

November 20th 2013


 
 
The Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol is one of the top tourist hotspots in Britain, and somewhere I cross twice a day as I commute into work. It once provided the divide between Bristol and Somerset on the west side of the Gorge. That side is now North Somerset, a small sub-county created after the disbandment of Avon. Personally I'd like to see Somerset recreated with its former boundaries but this will never happen as a bureaucratic enterprise in Weston super Mare ensures that a duplication of Local Authority services and systems with Taunton prevails.
 
But ignoring that, tonight then as I headed west the sky had cleared after a bit of a stormy day and the iconic bridge was perfectly silhouetted against the royal blue sky. This photo was taken as I pulled up to the barriers (apologies to the car behind me if I held you up for 30 seconds). It has obviously been manipulated as I liked the monochrome effect pushing it through an image manipulating  process. After 20 years of crossing it, I have never tired of driving over the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment