365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 6 March 2024

Wednesday 6th March 2024

I've enjoyed today. Another gloriously sunny day in the West Country. At lunchtime I headed to a recently opened cafe I discovered a while back. They just do drinks and a few cakes, in a minimalistic setting. Today it was full of students. Hot chocolate ordered I sat down and relaxed, admiring the daffodils on the table. The assistant brought my drink over apologising that she'd tried to do a swan for me on the top but it had gone badly. I looked, then said it's a perfect abstract swan. She thanked me and headed off. I have to say I liked what she created.


Hot chocolate consumed I returned to work, but not before yet another purchase at the Oxfam bookshop nearby. £2.99 secured me this rare book. Eric Hosking was a renowned photographer and ecologist who discovered so much about bird behaviour. His methods outlined in this book, published in 1955, would be frowned upon today. However as a historical stepping off points in history it reveals fascinating research and observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment