365-2-50

365-2-50

Friday 29 March 2024

Friday 29th March 2024

Dodging showers today on what turned out to be a 7 mile walk. Easter has arrived, or at least Good Friday. Weather wise we are still experiencing sunshine and showers, the latter of which are hefty. Julie suggested a walk today, from Winscombe to Axbridge then around Cheddar reservoir before returning to Winscombe. To be honest I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy walking that far but we set off just after 1pm, coinciding with a hefty rainstorm, accompanied by gusty winds. An hour later we'd reached the reservoir as the sun emerged, handy as there's no shelter. I don't think I've seen the water so high, which in this wind was lapping just like waves at the sea, providing a sound of the seashore as we walked.

Arriving at the Almshouse cafe in Axbridge at 3.20pm, the break from walking was welcome as was the delicious freshly made pea and mint soup I was allowed to try after food serving had ended at 3pm. Back on the road and by 4.40pm we were back to the car, just shy of 7 miles. I enjoyed the walk very much, good then that Julie persuaded me to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment