365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Wednesday 27th March 2024

Well aside from being Julie's 65th birthday, today really was an end of an era. This image was sent to our work WhatsApp group at 5pm to record the final time my boss Kate Chaney leaves the BBC Bristol building after 41 years at the BBC. And I missed it as Julie and I were in Lyme Regis celebrating her birthday. Due to various reasons unbeknown to me I said goodbye to Kate last Thursday at her leaving party with after a hug the words 'see you on Monday'. It's a truth in life to always grab those moments as due to my being poorly and Kate too on Monday and Tuesday, this image above will be closure, and I'll probably never talk to her again. And that's a strange thought. L to R Chris, Toby, Polly, Alasdair, Kate, Camellia, Robin, Emma and Maggie.

As an aside at around the time Kate's leaving photo was taken this image of Julie and I on the Cobb was being recorded. There's a webcam on the RNLI station which I log onto now and again, just to get a glimpse of Lyme Regis. Today we'd spent 4 hours here, very nice it was too, freezing though in the hail showers, better in the sun though. But by 4.30 we'd had enough when standing on the Cobb I said shall we try and capture ourselves on the webcam? It's not a great image to be sure but I'm there (in beige) holding my phone attempting to capture the live stream as it comes around to us. Julie is leaning in to see. It's interesting to see both images taken at roughly the same time with a connection through me,  but miles apart. Life is interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment