365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 3 March 2024

Sunday 3rd March 2024


It is sometimes the small wins that please me. I wanted some smart plant labels for the snowdrop collection I'm nurturing. That sounds way too grand for the seven pots of my snowdrop collection. I looked into buying black labels however they're all very expensive, for what they are. A brainwave caught me then, why not make my own, we've oodles of black acrylic paint and a white marker pen anyway. Armed with this exciting thought, the adventure began. I bought an 2400mm length of 20cmwide wood from Proper Job in Worle - a magnificent £1.39. From this I made 12 x 20cm long labels, which came to about 12p each. Mind you, a little bit like watching Wheeler Dealers, I didn't cost in the financial cost of my hourly rate while sawing, painting and messing about. If I had maybe each label would cost £30. I'm pleased though and this morning added the lettering. I'm biased of course but I think these look very tidy. It seems a shame to use them now...

No comments:

Post a Comment