365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 19 March 2024

Tuesday 19th March 2024

 


Oh this is exciting. On March 1st I sowed some Nicotina sylvesteis from seeds I'd collected two years ago from plants we grew at home. They're a bothersome plant to germinate as they require heat at 20oC, constant moisture and to be covered with glass, or in my case, cling-film to maintain moisture levels. When they germinate they need somewhere cooler and must have the cover removed immediately. Julie looked today, they're germinating. I looked late on Sunday and there was nothing. It's the most successful germination of these tiny seeds ever. I've now removed them from the airing cupboard and got them safe in my bedroom. Julie loves these, great for moths and butterflies too. It's now up to me to get them mature enough to plant out. That's when the hard work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment