365-2-50

365-2-50

Tuesday 30 October 2018

Tuesday October 30th 2018



My previous work mug. This plastic travel mug has brought much comment to the inhabitants of the BBC Club @ BS8 where I toil through the day. It is the colour. Jane and Ali who man, or is that woman, the beverage outlet in the Club first thing love its colour. I think it was the sight of me looming towards them carrying a fascia pink pot. Clashing horrendously with my ginger and white beard. I stopped using it for a few weeks as the rubber ring thing in the lid which makes it liquid-tight disappeared. Thus each time I filled it it sloshed tea or coffee everywhere, often over me. When I stopped using it the beverage duo would say "where's your mug Andrew".  But moist pantaloons were a stressful moment in my day, it was thus abandoned to a recycling demise. But I relented and it gained a pardon. I'm glad I did. I bought a new mug to replace it, a Roald Dahl James and the Giant Peach ceramic mug with orange rubber top (I think it was meant for children.....and my problem there is!!). Yet, while I like my new mug, its not good at keeping the caffeine laced drinks hot, and has no handle. Why do we not have mugs with handles any more? So I am resurrecting pink-mug-gate and will just have to watch spillage on my slacks mid stride. Welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment