365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 21 October 2018

Sunday October 21st 2018


The existentialism of this image caught my eye tonight. The remnants of a raw carrot having been almost fully consumed. The red candles tower, guarding the carotene prisoner as a backstop for this story of reality. For what is reality? I saw, I sat, I composed this posting in the split second of a gnats crotchet. Liberating reality from the more bizarre aspects of daily life has been a lifelong process in me. I don't think I have ever seen the World as others do. Only Child Syndrome would be a moniker placed on me these days. Plain nuts being how my father used to call me. My poor late and much loved Aunt Lilla once suffered the insufferable seven year old me saying every few seconds "All you need is a Fairy Liquid bottle", before racing around the house or dancing on the spot, then repeating this phrase. After a week of this my Aunt, whose house we were staying in for Christmas, asked "Why?" My reply, "because I want to". These days I'd be sent to a centre for correction and told to conform. And that's why I have returned to blogging. Other social media conforms thinking into a straitjacket of non discussion. Blogging allows self expression. I see a carrot, I write about a carrot, and I publish. The process allows my existentialism of madness to follow the path less taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment