365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 28 October 2018

Sunday October 28th 2018



They're getting older. It was my mums 85th Birthday today. I missed her 60th Birthday as I'd just moved down to Somerset to start my new job. Guilt then ensures I try and get to as many of my mums birthdays as possible, even though it involves nearly 700 mile round trips, which this weekend was done in 36 hours. I'm getting older. Lots of images of course of the Birthday when a few people popped in to say hello. But I took this first thing after the carers had finished getting mum ready for the day. It's in their dining room which they sit in to read the papers. Over all the years I've known my parents, their body language never changes. Always a physical gap between them in every photograph, dad often looking into the distance or not engaging with the image. Mum on the other hand posing for the snap. It may be a cluttered and chaotic image, but that's real life and that's my parents, as I see them. And they're just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment