365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 22 October 2018

Monday October 22nd 2018


Strictly speaking this is not an image I have taken today. The image was taken yesterday, but I received it today. That is the thing about a record of the day. Things happen which were never planned, such as receiving this image from my 2nd cousin in Canada just after lunch. They'd been for a walk yesterday and stumbled across this little beaver munching away on a tree. A bold beaver by many lengths whose table manners left something to be desired, as his comical chomping sounded like he was eating corn on the cob!  This connection across the miles is the reason this image is today's offering. We do have beavers in Britain, but they are escapees and controversial in some eyes. Yet my cousin and her family out for a stroll in Canada stumbled across what is their native fauna by accident. And today I receive the evidence. No sound, but I am partial to a gnawing beaver picture, it has to be said. They also have one of my favourite birds out there in Ontario, blue jays. If one thing got me on a plane and conquer the fear of flying, it would be to see a blue jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment