365-2-50

365-2-50

Saturday 27 October 2018

Saturday October 27th 2018


Two images today 6 hours apart. For 25 years I have trudged along the motorway network betwixt home in Somerset and my parents in South Tyneside,  which I still think of as County Durham.  At it's shortest it is 325 miles and a minimum of 5 hours driving. The above image caught my eye at 4.30am as I made flasks in readiness to our 5am start. Sometimes images just compose themselves and reveal their story. Tea,  milk,  boiling kettle,  little imagination is required. I never imagined however that by 10am I'd be looking at snow out the car window. The journey was in two halves. Until the sun rose,  calm weather,  not a cloud in the dark sky and rather pleasant if only 2 degrees. From Sheffield we encounter rain which became sleat,  and strong gusty winds. By North Yorkshire snow was lying on the hills. By Peterlee it was giving a dusting to the road verge. October is a bit early in my book for the arrival of the white stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment