365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Wednesday 20th December 2023

Well here it is, my last day of 2023 working in the office. I don't finish work until Friday but I'll be working from home. Actually I've quite a bit to do. However I couldn't let my last day of the year in Bristol pass without highlighting this tremendous display outside the electricians workshop on site. These lights are in place all year, but in December they're switched on along with some suitable music. As I walked by today however it made me smile, lights, a rubbish bin, various bits of unwanted stuff, simply tragic. It's the perfect Christmas scene. One of the best I'd say. Just needs a donkey.

Aside from this a couple of interesting chats today. I heard my name being called at lunchtime while coming out from Sainsbury's, it was Fergus Beeley one of the greats of wildlife filmmaking. He left the NHU a few years back and now has left the industry altogether after completing a film on birds for a cable channel. Since then he had founded a medi-vac charity and having been in Ukraine last year he will be off to Gaza soon. It was so nice to see Fergus, must be 7-8 years since we last met and a great guy.

Then just before I came home Dave Terry popped into the office to let me know it's his very last day at the BBC. It's all happened very quickly apparently but he's taking redundancy. Nice chap and has been at the BBC for 37 years. He will be a miss in the Electronic Services department, not least as he's one of the linchpins of keeping local radio and TV technologically on air, old school skills being let go, he plans to play more badminton.

 An interesting day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment