365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 4 December 2023

Monday 4th December 2023

An absolutely appalling day weather-wise - heavy rain began overnight and continued until around 7pm. Some areas of the West Country had a month's rain in 12 hours. It was a good day then to stay inside and do some equipment sorting at work. This is my den. Of course it would be wrong of me to call it that, but I spend a fair bit of time in this equipment store. In this view there's a shelf of old Nagra recording devices down the left, underneath which are Codecs, portable connection devices. Batteries in the boxes at the end and on the right headphones, microphones and other paraphernalia. I quite like spending time in here, it's quiet and I can disappear from view for a while. Today I fashioned a rudimentary pair of windjammers for a pair of mono mics that will be recording an Open Country from a beach on the Isle of Man. It's an interesting part of my working life.

No comments:

Post a Comment