365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 17 December 2023

Sunday 17th December 2023

I'd just purchased some milk from the vending machine at Westhay and having returned to the car I thought to myself I'll record this everyday activity. These milk vending machines are becoming quite common now. This particular set up I use regularly and sells milk at 1 litre for £1 or 0.5 litre 50p, reusable bottles for the milk £3. Eggs, £1.50 a half dozen, cheese at various prices and Hullabaloo drinks which are especially welcome in high summer.

I found myself passing here this afternoon after a successful Christmas shopping trip to Clark's Village in Street. When I arrived I struck up a conversation with a lady, owner of the silver car, who was buying two and a half dozen eggs but struggling to find enough change to pay for them. I like that quirky side to this set up. Eggs purchases are cash only in an honesty box, everything else is bought by using a contactless card system.  

A week or so ago I came with my reusable bottle but had forgotten the top, The farmer is very friendly and after knocking, as I waited by his door for a replacement top I surveyed his hallway which was stacked floor to ceiling with new egg boxes, exactly how a working farmhouse should be. What I've never tried here are the flavoured syrup for milk. There are half a dozen flavours allowing the purchase of a milk-shake after adding to your litre or half litre. Possibly then something to try on a warm summer's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment