365-2-50

365-2-50

Sunday 10 December 2023

Sunday 10th December 2023

I am sending a few Christmas cards this year but a handful of unlucky victims, sorry favoured friends and family are receiving this short story. I wrote it back in September, with six revisions since then it is now ready to be unleashed onto the unsuspecting public. I wonder what they'll make of it, the title page suggests it is a Georgian era comedy, however as the pages turn Ambrose's life takes a dark turn indeed. I love writing, but I have never been interested in publishing my stories until now. Could this be the approach of my pensionable age, time passing and a wish to leave a legacy? Or pure ego and a wish to make money? Or simply I note many books published that I find intriguing are surprisingly covering the same themes once I actually read them. Self publishing is big business now. I wonder then, could 2024 be a publishing year?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment