365-2-50

365-2-50

Wednesday 13 December 2023

Wednesday 13th December 2023

 


Hands up, this is not my photograph, and, it was taken and sent to me yesterday by Julie. The reason was the book, newly purchased.  A couple of years ago this book won the Richard Jefferies Award for nature writing. However I'd so far failed to getting around to reading it. Then yesterday a comment on my Wessex-Reiver blog reminded me of this book, and in conjunction with the alpacas last week in their orchard it sort of stood out as book to read. Julie happened to be near Waterstones in Clifton yesterday, thus following a quick phonecall the book was in the bag, literally. However it was today that I began to read it. I have to say so far I'm enjoying it, though admittedly I'm only a short way in so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment