365-2-50

365-2-50

Monday 25 December 2023

Monday 25th December 2023

Christmas has arrived, but these two images were taken late at night. In truth the moonlit one was 4am on Boxing Day but I'm allowed the break my own rules. Christmas Day dawned mild and wet in Slaley. However inclement my mind was transported back to 1980 and my Christmas Day at Titlington. I'm in a very similar landscape in 2023 and I love it. 

For the day itself we drove to East Boldon to spend a few hours with dad. A few visitors there but by 3.30pm he was tired and went to bed. We therefore decided to head back to the cottage then. Fire lit we enjoyed the silence of Northumberland with Julie opening her presents, she seemed to like her banded hand drum, then we finished watching the Forsythe Saga before bed. However the image below was later in the night. I'd woken at 3.30 am to moonlight flooding into the bedroom. I ventured outside into a captivating magical scene and took myself on a short walk. Despite it being officially a white Christmas (it snowed in Aviemore) it was mild out in the lane at 4am, blustery too and absolutely silent other than the wind through the trees. Scudding clouds across the moon added to the atmosphere. I was transported into another world for a few brief moments and I liked it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment